Followers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm just keeping it real...

Every dog has its’ day…so does ever man, woman, child, and cat for that matter. We all have those days where we succumb to whatever issues we choose to make larger than Life. I do too. In fact, I had that day (actually day and a half) recently. I, Sahsha Campbell, Ms. Motivational quote of the day, Ms. Fake it ‘til you make it, Ms when you’re cool the sun shines on you twenty-four hours a day, had a grey cloud over her head like Shleprock (big up all my old school heads who knows who Shleprock is). So grey was my day that it inspired me to write a poem about it. Wanna hear it? Hear it goes. Now, I’m sharing this with you all in total confidence…SSHHH, don’t tell anyone that I’m human too.

Before I share it (anticipation’s a bitch isn’t it?) I must say that getting wet by a grey cloud without a raincoat didn’t feel good at all. I’m a sunshine-type of girl. After I whined and lamented, I grew so tired of hearing myself, I simply stopped. I pushed rewind to hear just how pathetic I sound and realized that the soundtrack to my day sounded like a scratched up 45” record…old and tired! The chatter in my mind soon fell victim to my heartbeat and I remembered that I was alive and what I do with this day is what I will. Things can always be worse, and indeed they just might appear to be worse one day, so why not celebrate right now? Indeed, things might not be the way you want them to be right now, but the last I checked today only lasts twenty- four hours. Let’s not bring today’s clouds into our tomorrow. The weatherman forecast clear skies.

Peace, Love and…oh yeah, the poem.

Cleverly titled “Outta”

Outta Advil, money, and maxi pads
Bread, water and other things I had
Outta time, my own space, and ways to style my hair
Patience, gas and clothes to wear
Outta mind, ideas and stamps to pay the bills
Broccoli, rice cheese, and I wore down my high heels
Outta advice, outta detergent, outta desktop PC
Outta thinking I know exactly how things ought to be
Outta SMH’s and LOL’s
Outta TTYL’s and WTH’s (what the hell’s)
Outta line, outta key and outta emotional blurbs
Outta steam, outta games, outta touch, outta words…

But I still have a lot of life.

Cheers to your tomorrows,
SahshaJay

1 comment:

Shawn Dunn, aka Dr. Smiles Alot said...

Well I'm no poet, but I do love poetry...and poets. My favorite piece when I'm feelin' down is SMILE
Smile though your heart is aching Smile even though it's breaking. When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by. If you smile with your fear and sorrow, smile, and may be tomorrow, you'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just...Light up your face with gladness, hide every trace of sadness, although a tear may be ever so near. That's the time you must keep on trying, smile, what's the use of crying?? You'll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just... :0)

Isnt life grand when your layin in the sand!!

Isnt life grand when your layin in the sand!!