Followers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Groundhog's Day!

"...I will also give you for a light to the nations, that My salvation may extend to the end of the earth." Isaiah 49:6
When a groundhog emerges from underground in the midst of winter's hibernation and sees its shadow, it burrows back under with fright, thus extending winter for another six weeks.
If a groundhog appears from below and sees no shadow(a cloudy day, the absence of bright sunlight), it will emerge, indicating winter will end early.
History shows that the vast majority of times a groundhog extends winter(96 times seeing a shadow, 14 times not, over a 120 year period of tracking the groundhogs' "predictions")...all because it's afraid of its own shadow! Crazy, right?? But all to familiar.
What does this mean, you say? What does it say about myself? I was born 31 years ago on Groundhog's day...
In order to see a shadow, you MUST have a radiant light shown upon you. I must admit, prior to 6 months ago, the bright light that reigned on me, or shall I say, in me, has been quite intimidating. I too, like the groundhog, have hidden from the potential greatness and responsibility my bright light brings.
How much longer will I continue to burrow underground to make myself and others feel comfortable? How much longer will I continue to dim my divine light and accept "six more weeks of winter"? Not only for myself, but for the entire Universe?
I know. Hibernation is a place of warmth and familiarity. Everything is where YOU put it. Growth is stagnant. But, hey...you already KNOW that! Vanessa Williams urged you, almost twenty years ago, in her song, "Comfort Zone" to get in that land of familiar and chill. "...Just turn the lights down low and ALL the rest you know..." Boy, did she say a mouthful. NO light zone!!
There is great things in me that will benefit humankind. It will not make manifest if I continue to bury myself where light cannot come to the surface. I will not continue to be afraid of the shadow...it is there whether I hide or not. I might as well live life to the highest and let it shine...for all to see and bear witness.
My revelaton has been deposited in my spirit for such a time as these. I challenge all my brothers and sisters of the human race with the life giving spirit in them to get up out of that familiar place and move into that place where the light continually shines! Emerge from the insanity of repetition! Best case scenario: Your life will be a light for yourself and the world beyond. Worse case scenario: NOTHING! And that is a scary thought.
Much Peace and Many Blessings,
SahshaJay

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Insight on Groundhogs Day!! You're exactly right! People stay close to the familiar and fear success. You never know what's out there unless you step outside your comfort zone and that's a difficult thing to do. Keeping positive influences around and having faith help you push on, however. Thanks for Sasha! Great piece!

Shelli Tinae said...

This is a great analogy and very true! The shadow can be scary because you can't hide from it. No more winter days. I see nothing but sunny days ahead. Blessings!

Unknown said...

This is deep.......great post. You have an amazing talent....you should write a book. I know you would do well. God Bless!!

*lastar* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Continue you to let your light shine...radiantly! We are the only ones that can block our blessings. Remember that when we shine our divine light, we inspire others to do the same! Love you sis!

WhoCanFind... said...

This piece touched me so profoundly. I am so grateful to you for posting it because it hit my conscience so hard. I just said to a good friend of mine about two weeks ago that "God can do more through us in times of discomfort than He ever could do when we are comfortable." We often gravitate towards a life of convenience and ease, but it is only when we step outside of our selfish bubbles and step onto the stormy "seas" of life that we are able to truly accomplish great things and contribute to the betterment of society. Wonderful piece and I look forward to reading more postings.

Isnt life grand when your layin in the sand!!

Isnt life grand when your layin in the sand!!