Followers

Friday, January 18, 2008

Build Vision-Exercise your Choice

I sat in awe of the fact that the company I work for does not observe the Martin Luther King
holiday. "WOW", I thought. "...am I living in Atlanta of Arizona?" (as you know, Arizona was the only state in the "union" that didnt observe the Martin Luther King holiday)

"we were concieved free, labored, and born into a world as 'slaves'. Slavery truly has no color. reclaim your freedom by exercising choice."

That was the daily deposit on my spirit.

I, we for that matter, would not be here, in the deep south, able to work, drive and live as we please if Martin Luther King didn't exercise his freedom to CHOOSE.

He was born into a world that called him unfavorable. Clearly if he and I were created by the same Divine force, the great, "I AM", that invisioned and spoke us into existence, we most certainly are favored. Yet, born into a world of have's and have not's, do's and don'ts(which some 'get away' with doing certain don't's...that, dear heart, is a whole other blog), we are to exist and pursue happiness. "HUH??" "How do we possibly do that, in a world of limits?" When you ask yourself that question is when the journey begins.

"GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH"
CHOOSE to go deeper than what you see in front of you. What most of us are currently living is the sum total of what others have created in their minds eye.
CHOOSE to follow the spirit of love to a place of inner creativity that dwells in us all. That,my friend, is where freedom lives.
Hold on to that vision. It will make manifest, if you believe it to be so. CHOOSE to believe. Let's face it. We have NO ONE to blame for the current state of our existance(yes, me, too). We must challenge ourselves to elevate our thoughts beyond our current situation. We are not living life if we are not living what we dream.
Martin turned his life into a labor of love. Love, fearless love(thanks shelli), is what brought his dream(vision) into fruition.
I CHOOSE to honor his faith, fearlessness, and obedience to spirit by taking the day off(without "pay", of course. I will be volunteering the night before at the Dekalb County jail, preparing food for the MLK day celebration) My spirit beckons me to take a stand...in the name of freedom of CHOICE. I hold on to the vision that one day soon, ALL people will reclaim their freedom by creating the world in which they want to live in(for me, one in which we honor ALL our ancestors and the paths they have layed for us).
Thank you, Martin, for showing me freedom's light. Prayerfully, by allowing myself to take a stand for what holds true in me, I will allow another to find and follow the truth in them.
"Those who are led by the spirit of God are the sons and daughters of God." Romans 8:14
side note: we take time off to "honor" dead presidents. To our people, Martin Luther King, Jr, was the President! Let's give him honor.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MLK!
Peace and Love,
SahshaJay
"holla if you hear me, Yell if you don't!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. All black people should take the day off. Happy M.L.K. Day everyone.

Anonymous said...

Our choices in life are what determine our past, present and futures. They impact not only our lives but the lives of others as well! We should always honor those that have fully exercised their power to choose and sacrificed so that the weight of generations to follow would be lighter! Choice=Power & Freedom!

WhoCanFind... said...

I'm only now getting caught up with all of your blogs because it's been such a busy time. This is a wonderful, thought-provoking post and I appreciate you sharing your insight and wisdom. Please continue to post such insightful blogs. You are touching and inspiring people more than you'd ever imagine. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sasha I just want to thank you for being a child of God. We are a work in prgoress so know he has great things in store for those who love and trust him. I have a vision board that I created about four years ago and now four years later I am doing a BIGGER ONE! Oh Romans 12:2 is why I am standing today. Stay Blessed and contiune to feel your purpose. We all have one! Your cousin and sista in christ! To God be the Glory!

Isnt life grand when your layin in the sand!!

Isnt life grand when your layin in the sand!!